Pages about pre-2010 events are historical in nature. These events were not run by IEF. If you have information, documents, etc. you would like to contribute please get in touch! email@example.com
Sunrayce 93 took place in June 1993. This event marked the start of the Department of Energy sponsorship of the event with General Motors. It also marked the move to every-other year competitions in odd years.
Sunrayce 93 was a 7 day event that covered over 1100 miles from Dallas, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota. The event continued with the 1-day stage format that had began in 1990.
- Jun 20: Dallas, TX to Ada, OK (162.6 miles) – checkpoint in Whitesberro, TX
- Jun 21: Ada, OK to Tulsa, OK (169.3 miles) – checkpoint in Shawnee, OK
- Jun 22: Tulsa, OK to Fort Scott, KS (194.4 miles) – checkpoint in Miami, MO
- Jun 23: Fort Scott, KS to Cameron, MO (163.3 miles) – checkpoint in Kansas City, MO
- Jun 24: Cameron, MO to Des Moines, IA (161.0 miles) – checkpoint in Lineville, IA
- Jun 25: Des Moines, IA to Albert Lea, MN (170.4 miles) – checkpoint in Iowa Falls, IA
- Jun 26: Albert Lea, MN to Minneapolis, MN (88.7 miles)
The results of Sunrayce 93 were determined by the elapsed time to complete the route – the lowest time wins.
|Place||Team||Elapsed Time (hrs)||Average Speed (mph)|
|2||Cal Poly Pomona||42.16||26.32|
|3||CSU Los Angeles||45.45||24.41|
|8||U Mass Lowell||66.66||16.65|
|19||U Missouri Columbia||82.95||13.37|
|29||U Missouri Rolla||96.12||11.54|