The 2019 IEF Solar Car Conference was held Friday-Sunday, February 1-3, 2019 on the campus of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) in the St. Louis area. The conference included:
- 2020 Regulations discussion (get a copy)
- Project Management
- Vehicle design
- Business/operations topics
- Multi-occupant vehicles discussion
- Networking time
- One-on-one sessions with inspectors
- Advisor roundtable
- …and more
Take a look at the full conference schedule.
Topics and Breakout Sessions
At the conference, teams had access to inspector and staff led talks on a variety of topics from design of composites and electronics to leadership and business operations. Additionally, there were a number of breakout sessions for teams to get one-on-one time with the staff and inspectors.
See the full conference schedule for all topics discussed at the conference. Presentations from certain topics are available to download below.
A topic of the 2019 conference, the 2020 American Solar Challenge regulations, you can get a copy from the regs page.
- Getting Started for New Teams
- Solar Car Suspension Design
- How to Build a Pack
- How to Win Using Modeling and Simulation
- Effective Leadership
- Planning and Managing a Successful Project
- Scheduling and Budget – Deep Dive
- Team Success Stories